Easy Vanilla Milkshakes
Making vanilla milkshakes at home is super easy and quick. Just grab your favorite vanilla ice cream, milk, and vanilla extract, and blend everything! Simple and delicious.
Servings: 2 glasses
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, plus more as needed
- 1 cup milk (approximately)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a blender, combine ice cream, milk, and vanilla extract. Note: If your blender is too small, do it in parts; you want the mixture to blend freely.
Blend everything on low speed. If you want your milkshake to be thicker, add more ice cream. Likewise, if too thick, add more milk. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Equipment: Blender.
- Prep ahead (optional): Freeze the glasses a few hour ahead of time so you get extra cold milkshakes.
- Ice cream: Prior to blending, make sure the ice cream is not rock hard but not too soft/melted either. If the ice cream is too hard to scoop easily, let it sit on the counter for a few minutes.
- Vanilla beans: If you want to, scrape the seeds from a vanilla bean and add it to the blender for extra vanilla-y-ness (yes, I made that word up).
- Blending: If your blender is too small, do it in parts. Blend on low speed in order to keep some of the thick ice cream consistency.