These easy, no-cook Caprese Skewers are the perfect appetizer that everyone will love! Made with cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, basil, and a sweet balsamic glaze.
Servings: 12 skewers
- 8 oz small fresh mozzarella balls or ciliegine mozzarella cheese (or 24 balls)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, plus more to taste
- 24 round cherry tomatoes (about 12 oz, not the oval-shaped tomatoes)
- 24 fresh basil leaves (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic glaze for drizzling (not balsamic vinegar, see note)
Make sure you have 12 6-inch bamboo skewers ready.
Drain the water from the mozzarella cheese balls packaging, if needed. In a medium bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese balls with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil (or to taste), Italian seasoning, and dried oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Assemble each skewer in this order: tomato, basil leaf, 2 prepared mozzarella cheese balls, basil leaf, and tomato. You should have 12 skewers.
Arrange the prepared skewers on a platter. Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Enjoy!
- Special equipment: 12 6-inch bamboo skewers.
- Balsamic glaze: You can find balsamic glaze at grocery stores, by the vinegar section. Make sure it's balsamic glaze, and not balsamic vinegar. Balsamic glaze is reduced, thick, and sweet.
- Cherry tomatoes: To match the size and shape of the mozzarella, use the round (not the oval-shaped) cherry tomatoes.
- Small mozzarella cheese balls: These are also called ciliegine mozzarella, and are the perfect size for these skewers.
- Make-ahead instructions: Basil leaves tend to wilt easily, so assemble these skewers ahead on the same day or up to 1 day ahead. Make sure everything stays refrigerated, in airtight containers. Do not add the balsamic glaze drizzle in advance; you can do so when ready to serve.