Avocado Tuna Salad
This quick, easy, and healthy avocado tuna salad is perfect for a quick lunch, dinner, or even appetizer. This one is made with canned tuna, ripe avocados, and other fresh ingredients. No mayo!
Servings: 4 people
- 9 oz canned tuna packed in water, drained (I used 3 3-oz cans)
- 3 ripe avocados, diced (peeled and pitted)
- 1/4 cup finely sliced red onions
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- A few squeezes of fresh lemon juice to taste (I used about 1/2 of a large lemon)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine the drained tuna, diced avocados, sliced red onions, and chopped parsley.
Toss with olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste, salt, and pepper. Adjust seasonings if needed. Serve immediately.
- Ideas for serving: On lettuce cups, mixed greens, bread, toast, saltine crackers, cucumber slices, or as is.
- Storing this salad: If needed, store in an airtight container for up to 1 day. However, avocado turns brown quickly, although the lemon juice may help a bit.
- Make-ahead: In a container, combine the tuna, parsley, and onions. Store in the fridge for up to 1 day. When ready to serve, add the diced avocados, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.