Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Mascarpone
You'll love these mashed sweet potatoes with mascarpone cheese. It comes out so delicious, light, and moist. It is a very easy side dish recipe!
Servings: 4 people
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- ¾ cup mascarpone cheese, softened at room temperature (about 6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, plus more to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into 1 inch cubes.
In a medium or large pot, bring water to a boil, enough to cover the sweet potatoes. Then, add the sweet potatoes and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until tender and easily pierced with a fork. Drain and transfer to a large bowl (no need to rinse).
Mash the cooked sweet potatoes with a potato masher or a fork. Fold in the mascarpone cheese and the melted butter until evenly combined. Season with the garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy! Note: don't microwave the mascarpone because it can melt very fast.
- Special equipment: potato masher.
- Mascarpone cheese: Do not microwave it, as it melts really fast. Just let it sit for 10 minutes or so on the countertop to soften it.
- Make ahead: You can make it ahead 1 day in advance and reheat when ready to eat.
- Prep ahead: The sweet potatoes can be boiled and drained the day before and stored in the fridge until ready to mash.