Lemon Green Bean Salad
This easy, quick, and delicious lemon green bean salad is the perfect holiday side dish. It takes less than 20 minutes to make and is prep-ahead friendly. So refreshing and bright!
Servings: 6 people
- 1.5 pounds green beans, ends trimmed
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (plus more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon honey (plus more to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon zest to taste
Make the dressing: In a bowl, whisk the olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, honey, salt. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust ingredients to taste, if needed. Set aside.
Toast the almonds: On a skillet over medium high heat, toast the sliced almonds for 3 minutes until fragrant. Toss occasionally to make sure all sides get toasted. Set aside.
Cook the green beans: In a pot large enough to fit the green beans, bring water to a boil (enough to cover the green beans). Add the green beans and cook on a low boil for 4 to 6 minutes, or until tender but crisp. Test a few until they cooked to your liking. Drain over a large colander and quickly run cold water over it, tossing. This will quickly stop the cooking process and keep them bright green.
Pat dry the beans and transfer to a serving bowl. Toss with the prepared lemon dressing. Top with the toasted almonds and some lemon zest to taste. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Special equipment: zester.
- Prep ahead: trim the green beans in advance. You can also make the dressing in advance (store in the fridge).
- Storing: Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.