Italian Chopped Salad
This easy no-cook Italian chopped salad is perfect as a side salad or for a full meal. It's well-balanced, with fresh ingredients like lettuce, radicchio, and tomatoes, as well as other ingredients like cheese, salami, olives, chickpeas, and more. It's also a great make-ahead option!
Servings: 6 people
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- ½ small head purple radicchio, chopped (or to taste, radicchio can taste a bit bitter)
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onions
- ½ cup pepperoncini, sliced
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- 4 to 5 slices deli provolone cheese, sliced
- 1 cup genoa salami, sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2-3 teaspoons honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a mason jar, combine all the red wine vinaigrette ingredients. Cover with the lid and shake vigorously until emulsified or evenly combined. Set aside.
In a large bow, toss all the salad ingredients along with the prepared red wine vinaigrette until combined. Enjoy!
- Special equipment: Mason jar for the dressing, or salad dressing shaker.
- Radicchio can be a bit bitter, so if desired, add less of it, or to taste.
- Make-ahead: chop all the salad ingredients up to 2 days in advance and refrigerate. The red wine vinaigrette can be made up to 3 days in advance and refrigerated. When ready to serve, toss the salad ingredients with the vinaigrette.