Arugula Salad with Lemon Dressing
This quick, easy, and simple arugula salad is tossed with a delicious lemon dressing. It takes less than 10 minutes to make this arugula salad. It also pairs well with almost anything!
Servings: 4 people
- 4 to 5 cups baby arugula
- Zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (plus more to taste)
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil (plus more to taste)
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, plus shaved parmesan for garnish
Make the lemon dressing: In a mason jar, combine the lemon juice and olive oil. Shake vigorously and season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the flavors to taste: for more acidity, add some more lemon juice. If too acidic, add more olive oil. Note: I like my dressings less acidic, so I always use less lemon juice, so feel free to adjust to taste.
In a bowl, toss the arugula with the prepared lemon dressing and the 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese.
Garnish with lemon zest and more parmesan cheese (I garnished it with shaved parmesan). Tip: to shave parmesan cheese, use a vegetable peeler.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Picking fresh arugula: Look for vibrant green and tender crisp arugula. Avoid arugula that looks wilted, pale green, or yellow.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice. I find that bottled lemon juice tastes too artificial.
- Don't forget to zest the lemon before squeezing it. I know I always forget, oopsies.