Marinated Steak Kabobs
These easy and flavor-packed steak kabobs are marinated with the best marinade ever. They come out so flavorful, tender, and juicy. I skewer them with bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
Servings: 6 people
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1.75 pounds sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes fat trimmed
- 3 bell peppers, cut into 1 inch squares
- 8 oz cremini or button mushrooms, bottoms trimmed
- 1 large red or yellow onion, cut into 1 inch squares
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for grill or pan and veggies, as needed
Make sure you have skewers handy. You need about 6 skewers. I’d recommend using stainless steel skewers. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes before using in order to prevent them from burning.
Marinate the meat: In a large (1-gallon) resealable bag, combine all the marinade ingredients. Add the cubed sirloin and make sure it’s all well-combined. Seal the bag, removing any excess air, and let it marinate for maximum 3-4 hours in the fridge. Note: Don’t let it marinade for longer than that, or it could turn out tough and chewy (see note below).
Preheat the grill over medium-high heat. Clean the grates if needed.
Season the veggies: In a large bowl, toss the chopped bell peppers, chopped onions, and mushrooms with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt (about ½ teaspoon) and a few grinds of ground black pepper.
Assemble the kabobs: assemble the skewers with the marinated beef and the seasoned veggies, alternating. I use 4-5 pieces of meat per skewer. You should have about 6 skewers. Discard the marinade.
Grill on the preheated grill for 8-12 minutes total (about 2-3 minutes per side) for medium-rare to medium. If you want them cooked more, cook for an additional minute or so per side. Tip: check the internal temperature with a thermometer, 135 F for medium-rare, 145 F for medium, and 150 F for medium-well.
Let the kabobs rest for 5-10 minutes before serving to allow the juices to redistribute. Serve and enjoy! Recommended: serve with chimichurri sauce.
- Equipment: stainless steel or bamboo skewers, outdoor grill. If grilling indoors: grill pan for stovetop or indoor electric grill.
- Marinate the meat for a maximum of 3-4 hours. Because the marinade contains vinegar and lemon juice, marinating for more than 3-4 hours will actually turn the meat tough and chewy.
- Use a meat thermometer for best results. Quick steak temperature guide: 135 F for medium-rare, 145 F for medium, and 150 F for medium-well.
- Prep ahead: The bell peppers and onions can be chopped 1-2 days ahead. The beef can be cut into cubes 1-2 days in advance.
- Storing: Refrigerate any leftovers in airtight containers in the fridge.
- Disclaimer: Nutritional values are approximates only.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 904mg | Potassium: 898mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1882IU | Vitamin C: 80mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 4mg