The best burger seasoning can be made right at home! This homemade seasoning can be used on burgers or any other protein of your choice. It can be made ahead and stored for up to a year. It's so convenient and easy to make! This recipe makes about 3 tablespoons of seasoning, which should be enough for about 16 to 20 burgers.
Servings: 20 servings
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste optional, it's spicy
In a mason jar or spice jar, combine the smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, ground black pepper. If using, add the cayenne pepper (optional, it's spicy). Combine all the spices until evenly mixed.
To use, sprinkle about ¼ teaspoon on each side of a burger patty (or to taste) right before grilling. Tip: Add the seasoning to the formed burger patties, on each side. I wouldn't recommend mixing in the seasoning with the ground beef before forming the patties.
Store the remaining seasoning blend in the sealed mason jar or spice container for up to a year, in a dry and cool place. This recipe makes enough to season about 16 to 20 burgers.
- Equipment: small mason jar or spice container.
- Feel free to multiply the ingredient quantities proportionally if you want to make a larger batch.
- Don't mix the seasoning with the ground meat: If you season the ground meat before forming the burger patties, it sort of becomes like meatloaf. This could result in tougher meat, and burgers should always be juicy.
- When to season the burgers: Season the burger patties on each side right before grilling. I use about ¼ teaspoon of seasoning per side. This is because the blend contains salt, and salt tends to draw out moisture over, which could result in dry burgers if left for too long.
- Storing: Store in a sealed mason jar or spice container in a dry and cool place for up to 1 year.
Calories: 2kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 465mg | Potassium: 8mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 1mg