Easy 4-Ingredient Guacamole
This simple and easy 4-ingredient guacamole is all you need! It takes just 5 minutes to make and goes well with almost anything.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 medium RIPE avocados
- Juice of 1 or 2 fresh limes to taste
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro or to taste
- Salt to taste
Cut avocados in half and remove the pit. Using a spoon, scoop the avocado to remove the flesh and discard the peel.
In a bowl, mash avocado, cilantro, and a little bit of freshly squeezed lime juice until chunky or smooth, up to you. Add more lime juice to taste. Season with salt to taste. Serve immediately.
Substitutions and variations:
- Use ripe avocados for best results. They are ripe when they feel soft to the touch but not mushy.
- Use fresh lime juice to flavor and to help prevent the guac from turning brown.
- How to ripen avocados faster: Place avocados in a brown bag along with a banana or an apple. Seal bag tightly for 1-2 days. These fruits produce ethylene gas, which helps avocados ripen faster.
- Trick to prevent guacamole from turning brown (lasts 1-2 days):
- Spread in a shallow bowl.
- Pour a layer of fresh lime juice or water over the top to cover the surface completely. This will act as a barrier with the air, which is what causes it to turn brown (oxidation).
- Cover with plastic wrap, making sure it’s completely touching the guac to seal the barrier.
- Refrigerate. When ready to serve, remove the plastic wrap and water or lime juice from the surface. Give it a quick and rough stir, and serve.
Disclaimer: Nutritional values (per serving) are approximates only.
- Cilantro: If desired, leave out cilantro, but I’d recommend adding something else like diced tomatoes and a few grinds of black pepper.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 20g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 980mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 361IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg