Mango Coconut Ice Cream
This mango coconut ice cream is made with only three ingredients: frozen mango, coconut milk, and honey. This recipe makes about 1.5 quarts, and can be easily multiplied.
- 3 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 can (14 oz) unsweetened coconut milk (the canned version, not the coconut milk beverage)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup honey (or to taste)
Prep ahead: Check your ice cream machine's instructions first, mine required freezing the bowl 1 day ahead. This recipe makes enough for a 1.5 quart ice cream maker, so feel free to double or triple the ingredient quantities if needed.
Stir the coconut milk with a spoon. You may notice that canned coconut milk appears to be separated. That's normal. Simply stir with a spoon until evenly combined.
Make the mixture: Combine the frozen mango, coconut milk, and honey in a blender. Blend until evenly combined and smooth. Adjust the amount of honey to taste.
Churn: Pour mixture into the pre-frozen bowl of your ice cream maker, and churn according to the ice cream maker's manufacturer instructions. Once churned and ready (mine took 20 minutes), transfer to freezer-friendly container.
Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!
- Special equipment: ice cream maker, blender.
- Don't have an ice cream maker? Good news! Coconut milk isn't dense or heavy by nature, so an ice cream maker isn't completely necessary. However, the results won't be as airy and smooth compared to ice cream made with an ice cream maker. To make the mango coconut ice cream without an ice cream maker: simply blend the ingredients, and transfer to a freezer-friendly container. Freeze for at least 2-3 hours, or until frozen.
- Coconut milk: Be sure to use the canned unsweetened coconut milk. Don't use the ready-to-drink coconut beverage.