Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
This quick and easy Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are perfect for convenient dinner, and are a great idea for meal prep. The filling is made with ground chicken, carrots, veggies, and aromatics, and tossed with a homemade sauce.
Servings: 3 people
For the filling:
- Olive oil for pan
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup small diced carrots (about 1/4 inch cubes)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger, plus more to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 oz shitake mushrooms, diced (about 1 cup)
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 6 leaves butter lettuce (or romaine or iceberg lettuce)
- 2 green onions, sliced (for garnish)
Make the filling:
Heat about 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Add the ground chicken and cook until browned about 4-5 minutes, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon. Drain excess moisture from the pan if needed.
Add carrots and ginger, and cook for another 3 minutes, until softened and the chicken is cooked through. Add the garlic and mushrooms, and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring.
Add the sauce gradually (you may not need to use all of it, add to your liking) until incorporated. Cook another 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Other ingredients you can add to the filling: water chestnuts, cashews.
- If you can't find shitake mushrooms, use regular white mushrooms or bella mushrooms.
- Instead of ground chicken, you can also use ground turkey, ground pork, or diced firm tofu.