These banana pecan maple muffins are so moist, light, and airy. The pecans and maple add a sweet little crunch to each bite, making these muffins glorious. Make a batch for breakfast…or just because!
If breakfast is your favorite meal of the day, then you need to make these banana pecan maple muffins! And if it isn’t, well…you need to make these muffins anyway because they are so good!! They are made with overripe bananas and chopped pecans covered with maple syrup, which helps give these muffins a slight sweet crunch. Oh yes! Drooling…
They are perfect for breakfast. Just bake a batch the day or night before, and grab one or two in the morning to start your day! They are so convenient and the perfect way to give you plenty of energy to tackle the day. Have these with a warm cup of coffee or tea 🙂 so good!
What’s in These Banana Pecan Maple Muffins?
- overripe bananas
- maple syrup
- chopped pecans
- butter and eggs
- flour, baking soda, and baking powder
- vanilla extract
I made these muffins because I had a bunch of overripe bananas (as many of you probably do…right?…no?…hmm). So go check your kitchen counter – if you have overripe bananas, these banana pecan maple muffins are calling your name! 😛
Thank you for reading! I hope you like this recipe. And please don’t forget to pin it! Much appreciated.
- Let your butter sit at room temperature until softened to make it easier to cream the butter and sugar.
- Creaming butter and sugar is an essential technique in baking. It helps to incorporate air into the batter nicely, which helps give baked goods a fluffy and airy texture.
- You can also use walnuts instead of pecans. I just really like pecans 🙂
Banana Pecan Maple Muffins
- Muffin tin 12-muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 overripe bananas
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease standard 12-muffin tin with butter.
- Dry ingredients: mix the cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and eggs until light and fluffy.
- In the same bowl, at low speed, beat in the vanilla extract and milk. Then, using a rubber spatula, fold in the mashed bananas without overmixing. Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined.
- In a separate small bowl, coat the chopped pecans with the maple syrup. Gently fold in the chopped pecans and maple syrup mixture into the batter, until just combined.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pans. Bake for about 25 minutes, until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins and set them on a cooling rack. Let them cool for a few minutes and serve. Enjoy!