This Chipotle Ranch Dressing with Honey is everything! Sweet, tangy, a bit spicy, creamy…all in one. It’s the perfect salad dressing for any type of salad, especially Mexican salads!
For the longest time, I always used store-bought dressings for my salads. It just seemed a lot easier, and it is. But once you start making your own homemade dressings, the whole world changes. And I’m not even exaggerating. Your salads go from delicious to “omg, this is so freaking delicious!”
I recently tested this beef taco salad for my upcoming Cinco de Mayo celebrations, and made this chipotle ranch dressing to go with it. It was amazing! I even dare to say that it was the best part of the salad!
How to Make the Chipotle Ranch Dressing
All you need to do is add all the ingredients to the food processor and pulse until nicely combined and creamy. Add water to thin out the dressing if needed. Here are the ingredients:
- chipotles peppers in adobo sauce
- fresh cilantro
- ranch dressing
- lime juice
- sour cream
I provide specific ingredient quantities in the recipe card, but by all means, feel free to adjust to your liking. For example, if you want it more spicy, add more peppers. Or if you want a super creamy consistency, add more sour cream.
Here’s the delicious beef taco salad with the dressing. So good!
My favorite ingredient in this dressing is the honey. It adds a nice sweetness that cuts through the ranch and the peppers. So don’t skip it!
Thank you so much for reading, and don’t forget to pin my recipe for later:
Chipotle Ranch Dressing with Honey
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo, roughly chopped - they come in little cans
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 small lime - or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons honey - or to taste
- Water - as needed to thin out dressing
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients. Pulse until evenly combined and smooth. Add water as needed, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency. If you want it creamier, add more ranch and/or sour cream.
- This recipe makes about 2 cups.