This creamy, silky, and delicious avocado crema is the perfect way to elevate your dish. Use it for tacos, burrito bowls, salads, sandwiches, and much more!
The other day I served these fantastic Crispy Baja Fish Tacos and to brighten up and elevate this dish, I made a super delicious avocado crema to drizzle over it. Let me tell you, avocado crema can turn really good tacos into super-duper good tacos.
Confession: nobody really dips their tacos in any kind of sauce, but seriously, I kept dipping mine in this bowl of avocado crema! It was so good!
My husband took his first bite of the fish tacos with some avocado crema and absolutely loved it! His words: “I think it helps to balance out the crispy fried fish and tie all the elements together.”
Avocado crema + tacos = one of the best things on earth.
What’s in the Avocado Crema?
- Greek yogurt
- fresh lime juice
Just blend or combine all ingredients in a food processor, plus some salt and pepper to taste and water to thin it out. And…you’re all set! It’s quick, super easy, and pretty much effortless.
What Else Can I Use It For?
I could write a huge list of dishes that would go well with the crema. It’s just so versatile! Here are some of my favorites:
- dipping sauce for fries
- burrito bowls or burritos
- sauce for grilled chicken, steak, or pork
- If you’re using a food processor, it’s enough to give the garlic and cilantro a rough chop. No need to mince or chop finely since the food processor will take care of that.
- If the crema comes out too thick, simply add more water! Add 1 tablespoon at a time and process until desired consistency.
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons water, plus more as needed
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until a smooth sauce forms. Add more water until desired consistency.
- Serve with anything you'd like. I served it with fish tacos!