There are so many guacamole recipes out there nowadays. I always prefer easy, simple, and kinda chunky. This is my favorite guacamole recipe and it comes together in less than 10 minutes!
If there is one thing you should know about me is that, like many others, I am super obsessed with anything that has avocado in it. And I sure love a good guacamole! I like mine simple, somewhere between chunky and smooth. While I’ve seen some awesome and creative loaded guacamole recipes, my heart will always fall for a simple and satisfying guacamole.
What’s in My Favorite Easy Guacamole?
- fresh lime juice
- white onions
- tomatoes for garnish
Chunky vs. Smooth Guacamole
It’s all about preference. I like mine to be a balance between chunky and smooth because a) if it’s a bit chunky, I can truly taste the avocado itself, and b) it’s easy to scoop out with a tortilla chip when it’s sorta smooth. BUT, if I had to choose between one or the other, I’d definitely say I’m a more of a chunky guac kinda person!
The Key to a Good Simple Guacamole
You guessed it! The key to making a really good guacamole is to get good avocados. Your avocados should be ripe and that is a MUST. If you make guacamole with underripe avocados, you will get a tougher texture and a weird taste. Even if they are a little too firm, I’d say wait a few more days or just go buy ripe avocados.
A ripe avocado will yield to firm and gentle pressure. Now…I’ve read somewhere online that there are ways to ripen avocados faster, like placing them on a paper bag or even microwaving or baking them! I honestly have never tried that before, so if you have tested any of these methods, please make sure to comment below 🙂
- Use ripe avocados. Avocados are ready to eat when they yield to firm and gentle pressure.
- You can simply use a fork to mash the avocados. To make it easier to leave chunks, dice the avocado before mashing.
- Add lime juice little by little to your liking. And obviously use freshly squeezed lime juice. Fresh is always better!
My Favorite Easy Guacamole
- 4 medium Hass avocados
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut avocados in half, remove seeds, and peel. Cut into medium chunks and place in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl, and mash with a fork until chunky. Add more salt and pepper, or lime juice as needed.