There’s something about Tzatziki sauce that is truly delicious and perhaps addicting. This quick and easy Tzatziki sauce recipe is full of flavor and perfect to serve with any Mediterranean dish.
Tzatziki sauce is one of my favorite sauces ever. Every time I go to a Mediterranean restaurant, I have to order it to go with my meal. I love that it is refreshing and so flavorful at the same time. The lemon juice, cucumber, and dill make it so refreshing, while the garlic adds really nice flavor.
The best part is that making Tzatziki is super easy, quick, and simple.
How to Make Tzatziki Sauce
Like I said, it’s really easy and it comes together in 10 minutes or less! All you have do to combine the following ingredients:
- plain greek yogurt
- finely diced cucumber
- minced garlic
- lemon juice
- chopped dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil (optional)
And that’s about it. Simple, quick, easy, and ultra delicious!
Tzatziki sauce would go really well with any Mediterranean dish. My favorites dishes to serve it with are chicken shawarma, lamb kofta, Greek Meatballs, and my Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Salad. You could also serve it with my Greek Meatball Gyros (recipe coming soon!).
It’s truly one of my favorite things in this world!
Thank you for reading, and please don’t forget to pin it.
- Peel the cucumber before finely dicing. This will help with smoother texture in the Tzatziki sauce.
- Don’t forget to remove the cucumber seeds before dicing.
- For herbs, I used dill only, but I’ve seen some people add mint too. Feel free to experiment!
Quick and Easy Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely diced cucumber (peeled and seeds removed)
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2.5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (or taste)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle some olive oil on top, if desired.