This easy homemade Greek salad is made with fresh and vibrant ingredients, and tossed with a homemade Greek dressing. So good and healthy!
Everyone loves a good Greek salad! This homemade version is easy, fresh, and filled with vibrant ingredients.
I love serving it as a side salad or as the main course with a simple grilled chicken breast. Plus, the homemade Greek salad dressing (linked below) is delicious and fresh. So yummy and good for you!
My favorite part about this salad is how fresh and vibrant the ingredients are. They all come together beautifully to make a wonderful dish.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Tomatoes: I used roma tomatoes, but cherry tomatoes will work too.
- Cucumber: I’d recommend English cucumbers since they have a thinner skin.
- Kalamata olives: A must in Greek salad!
- Green bell peppers: These will add extra crunch
- Red onions: Sliced red onions work well here, but can be pretty strong. You can also use pickled red onions for a milder version.
- Feta cheese: I used regular crumbled feta cheese. You can also use marinated feta.
- Greek salad dressing: My favorite homemade dressing! Recipe linked below.
Per usual, the specific ingredient quantities and directions can be found in the recipe card below.
The Greek Salad Dressing
Aside from fresh ingredients, a great salad needs a great dressing. I made a delicious homemade Greek salad dressing that you will absolutely love!
This Greek salad dressing is made of olive oil, red wine vinegar, fresh lemon juice, oregano, crumbled feta cheese, and mustard. It’s a great dressing that can be kept in the fridge for about 5 days, so it’s a great make-ahead option.
If you’re in a time crunch, a good quality store-bought dressing will totally work!
Make Ahead Tips
You can totally make ahead this salad!
None of the ingredients used here will get soggy if assembled ahead. You can pack them into individual containers for lunch, or in a big salad platter and cover tightly until ready to serve. Just be sure not to add the dressing until ready to serve in order to prevent the ingredients from getting soggy.
There are so many ways to serve this salad! You can serve it as a simple side salad or make it a main course by adding grilled or pan-seared chicken.
Here are my favorites dishes:
That’s it! I really love how simple and easy this Greek salad is. It’s made with fresh ingredients. It’s so fresh and healthy!
It’s also a great meal prep option since it keeps well in the fridge. Simply add a protein, such as grilled chicken, to make it a meal.
For more fresh side salad recipes:
Tips for Success
- I’d recommend using English cucumbers rather than regular cucumbers. English cucumbers have thinner skin.
- To add extra flavor, use marinated olives and marinated feta cheese.
- If possible, make your own Greek salad dressing so you can adjust to taste. I find store-bought dressings a bit too acidic.
Easy Greek Salad
- 5 to 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 English cucumber, diced - (if needed, peel it)
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- Greek salad dressing
- Make the Greek salad dressing according to this recipe linked here.
- Assemble the salad: In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients with the Greek salad dressing. Serve immediately. You can serve it as a side salad or make it a meal by adding with grilled or pan-seared chicken breast.
- Special equipment: For the Greek salad dressing, you will need a mason jar or a container with a lid to shake the dressing.
- Make ahead: prepare the salad and store in containers for 1-2 days. Add the dressing only when ready to serve.