Cajun Chicken Alfredo! I bet this Cajun Chicken Alfredo recipe will become a new favorite. Super delicious Cajun seasoned chicken and fettuccine with creamy homemade Alfredo sauce. Top it with diced tomatoes and parsley for a touch of freshness.
I don’t know about you, but I love any variations of fettuccine Alfredo. It’s just such a comforting dish that I am obsessed with. Today I am sharing a delicious and extra comforting Cajun Chicken Alfredo recipe that I love making at home. My family gets excited every time I make this dish, so I am sure you guys will love it too.
This Cajun Chicken Alfredo recipe uses delicious Cajun seasoned chicken, fettuccine cooked al dente, a homemade Alfredo sauce, and tomatoes and parsley for a touch of freshness.
So let’s get started!
How to Make Cajun Chicken Alfredo
As usual, please see recipe card below for detailed ingredient quantities and steps.
Here’s an overview on how to make this recipe:
- Prepare the chicken: lightly season chicken breasts (pounded to 1/2 inch thick) with salt and pepper on both sides. Place chicken in a large Ziploc bag, and add Cajun seasoning and olive oil. Seal bag and shake to coat evenly. Let sit for 15 minutes. Why? To let the flavors penetrate.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions Drain and set aside. Tip: cook fettuccine in generously salted water to prevent bland pasta.
- Heat some olive oil on a large skillet and cook, 6-8 per side or until internal temperature registers 165 degrees F.
- Make the Alfredo sauce: melt butter and add garlic, and cook until fragrant. Add heavy cream and bring to a simmer, then add freshly shredded parmesan cheese until and a pinch of cajun seasoning. Stir until melted. Important tip: use freshly grated parmesan cheese. Pre-bagged cheese contains corn starch, which makes it hard to melt and does not yield great results.
- Add cooked fettuccine and stir to coat.
- Serve with sliced chicken, and top with diced tomatoes, chopped parsley, and more cheese.
And that’s how you make Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta, my friends! It’s so easy and full of delicious flavors.
How to Make Cajun Chicken
It’s very simple and easy! Simply pound chicken evenly to about 1/2 inch thick (this helps with even and faster cooking). Season lightly with salt and pepper, as Cajun seasoning already has salt added. Then place chicken a Ziploc bag, along with some olive oil and the Cajun seasoning. Seal the bag and shake to distribute evenly.
You can buy Cajun seasoning in the spices section of your local store.
Easy Creamy Alfredo Sauce from Scratch
Traditionally, Alfredo sauce is made of only butter and parmesan. This Cajun Chicken Alfredo recipe also calls for heavy cream, which adds creaminess and richness. So definitely not 100% Italian authentic, ha! But surely delicious and creamy.
What to Serve with Cajun Chicken Alfredo
The possibilities are endless! You can serve with pretty much anything you’d like, as this Cajun Chicken Alfredo is a very versatile dish, but here are my favorites:
- garlic bread
- cheesy garlic bread
- side garden salad
- steamed or roasted broccoli
I hope you like this Cajun Chicken Alfredo recipe! It’s very easy to make and a winner. Thank you so much for reading and for visiting my blog.
Also check out these pasta recipes:
- Garlic Shrimp Fettuccine with Tomatoes and Mushrooms
- Easy Italian Sausage Pasta Bake
- Three Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells
And don’t forget to pin this recipe!
- Use freshly grated parmesan cheese from the block for this recipe. Pre-bagged shredded cheese contains corn starch, which makes it harder to melt and does not yield the best results for Alfredo sauce.
- Pound the chicken to 1/2 inch thick for even and faster cooking.
- Serve immediately so that the sauce is warm and creamy.
- Boil the fettuccine with salted water. I do this all the time so that the pasta itself is not bland.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- 0.75 pound fettuccine
- Freshly diced tomatoes for topping
- Finely chopped parsley for garnish
- Shredded parmesan cheese for garnish
- 2 large chicken breasts (or 4 small chicken breasts)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A pinch cajun seasoning
- Pound the chicken to 1/2 inch thick. Season lightly with salt and pepper (Cajun seasoning has salt too) on both sides. In a Ziploc bag, add the olive oil, Cajun seasoning, and the seasoned chicken. Seal bag and shake to distribute the seasonings evenly. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the fettuccine in salted water according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat some olive oil on a large skillet to medium heat. Cook the chicken, about 6-8 minutes each side, until cooked through or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Transfer to a plate and let it rest. Loosely cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Make the Alfredo sauce: wipe the skillet clean. On medium heat, melt butter and add garlic. Cook until fragrant, stirring, about 1-2 minutes. Add heavy cream and bring to a light simmer. Add the freshly grated parmesan cheese and the pinch of seasoning. Stir until melted, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Note: use freshly grated cheese as pre-bagged shredded cheese contains corn starch, which makes it hard to melt and does not lead to great results.
- Add the cooked fettuccine to the sauce and toss to coat, until the pasta is warm.
- Slice the chicken.
- Serve the pasta with the sliced chicken on top. Garnish with diced tomatoes, chopped parsley, and more shredded parmesan cheese if desired.