Summer calls for delicious and refreshing pasta salads! This easy Greek pasta salad is the perfect side dish for any occasion. It is made with rotini pasta, fresh vegetables, chickpeas, feta cheese, kalamata olives, and my homemade Greek salad dressing.
It’s that time of the year when cookouts are super popular. I mean, who doesn’t love to be outside soaking up all the sun and enjoying all the good food?! We all know that a great pasta salad makes every cookout extra awesome. I made this easy Greek pasta salad last weekend, and let me tell you…it was amazing!
Greek Pasta Salad Ingredients
These are the ingredients that get tossed together to make this delicious Greek pasta salad. I mean, imagine all of this in one bite…yum!
- cooked pasta: I prefer rotini pasta, but another good option is cavatappi pasta
- diced cucumbers
- diced green bell pepper
- halved cherry tomatoes, or diced roma tomatoes
- kalamata olives or black olives
- feta cheese
- diced red onions
- homemade Greek salad dressing (recipe below!)
You can customize it by adding other ingredients. I’d keep the basic ones though: cucumbers, green bell pepper, tomatoes, olives, and feta salad. Without those, it isn’t really a Greek pasta salad, right?! Here are some ideas for custom ingredients:
- diced beets
- chopped curly parsley
How to Make this Greek Pasta Salad
Making this pasta salad is super easy, and the best part is that it can be made ahead! You can either make it from start to finish 1 day in advance, or prep all the ingredients and toss everything together when ready to serve. Either way, it turns out delicious!
- Cook the rotini pasta according to package directions in a pot with salted water. I used 3/4 of a pound. Drain and rinse under cold water until it is slightly warm.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop and dice the other ingredients (cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, olives, and green bell pepper).
- Make the dressing: in a jar, combine all the Greek salad dressing ingredients and shake vigorously until well-combined.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooked pasta and the rest of the ingredients, including the dressing. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
Take your Greek pasta salad to the next level by using marinated feta instead! It’s like extra flavor. Just look for it in your local grocery store or specialty store.
The Greek Salad Dressing
The dressing may be the best part. It is seriously so good and addicting! And my secret to make it extra flavorful is to add crumbled feta in the dressing itself. I swear, it makes it so much better!
Here are the ingredients (try not to drool!):
- red wine vinegar
- fresh lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- dijon mustard
- minced garlic
- crumbled feta
- dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
All you have to do is combine all the ingredients in a mason jar and shake well. You can also whisk all the ingredients, just make sure to whisk vigorously.
Make Ahead Tips
- Prep all the ingredients up to 1 day in advance (keeping all the ingredients in separate bowls), and store in fridge. When ready to serve, toss all the ingredients together and serve.
- You can also make it from start to finish the night before and store in the fridge! However, the cucumbers may not remain as crisp.
- Quick tip: if the cooked rotini pasta is sticking together, toss with some olive oil.
That’s all! As you can see, making this pasta salad is really easy. It’s always a hit every time I make it, so I know you’ll love it.
Thank you so much for reading, and please don’t forget to pin this recipe 🙂
For more summer cookout side dish ideas, check out the following:
- blue cheese bacon and potato salad
- mexican street corn salad
- easy stovetop mac and cheese
- cast iron skillet cornbread
- loaded baked potato salad by Joyous Apron
If you try my recipe, use #cookingformysoul on Instagram! Follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook for the latest fun updates and recipes!
Easy Greek Pasta Salad
- 3/4 pound rotini pasta
- 1 large cucumber, diced - (peal it if desired)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled or cubed
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
Greek Salad Dressing
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water. Drain and run under cold water until cooled.
- Prepare the Greek salad dressing: add all the dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake well until combined. Or whisk vigorously until well-combined.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooked pasta, cucumbers, green bell peppers, tomatoes, olives, red onions, feta cheese, and chickpeas. Note: I like to peel the chickpeas by rubbing them with my hands when rinsing them.
- Add the dressing and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Looks yummy!!!!!! But How much of each ingredient for the Greek dressing please?
Hi Anna, the ingredients for the dressing are included in the recipe card! Let me know if you have any other questions!