This blue cheese and bacon potato salad is the perfect side salad to share at the table. So full of delicious savory flavors that will keep you asking for more!
Every time anyone says “potato salad,” my eyes light up and I start getting excited. I LOVE potato salads of all kinds. They are just so perfect, comforting, and, when done right, so full of flavor and deliciousness!
From classic potato salad to a fancy potato salad…I like them all.
I’m so excited to tell you what’s in this Blue Cheese and Bacon Potato Salad! So let’s do it now, shall we?!
- baby potatoes
- blue cheese! (one of my favs)
- cooked bacon
- parsley and green onions
- red onions
- dressing (mayo, dijon mustard, vinegar, seasonings)
Yup. Pretty awesome and delicious.
I’m telling you right now, you need to make this for your next potluck, dinner, picnic…or anything! You should even make this just to snack on it. Yes, you ARE allowed to snack on potato salad!
What Can I Serve This Potato Salad With?
- A juicy burger (that’s what I did, highly recommended!)
- BBQ ribs
- BBQ chicken or grilled chicken
- Grilled steak
- Any other cool ideas? comment below! 🙂
And don’t forget to pin this recipe! 🙂
- When roasting the potatoes, make sure the pan is not overcrowded. If overcrowded, the potatoes will steam instead and you won’t get a crispy, golden brown exterior.
- This potato salad is so versatile! Tweak the ingredient proportions if you really like blue cheese or bacon…just sayin 🙂
Blue Cheese and Bacon Potato Salad
- 2 pounds baby potatoes, halved
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt, and about ½ teaspoon black pepper. Transfer to 2 large sheet pans and arrange potatoes in an even layer, without overcrowding the pan. Roast for about 30 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until tender and golden brown.
- Make the dressing: in a bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, dijon mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large serving bowl, add the roasted baby potatoes, blue cheese, cooked bacon, parsley, and green onions. Toss with the dressing until nicely and evenly combined. Adjust seasonings if needed or to taste. Serve and enjoy!