There is nothing more refreshing than a freshly cut fruit salad! This super easy and delicious fruit salad is tossed with a sweet orange poppy seed dressing. It’s irresistible!
At cookouts, I am always looking for the fruit. And that’s because I love a good fruit salad with my food, especially during hot summer days. I posted this watermelon feta salad the other day and it felt so good to eat it while enjoying some warm weather. Fruit salads are so refreshing and perfect during this time of the year!
This easy and simple fruit salad with orange poppy seed dressing has the right mix of fruits tossed with a perfectly sweet orange dressing. The orange juice brings out the sweetness of each fruit. And you know, the great part about it is that it is super versatile. You can use any fruit you like. I am seriously loving this!
What’s in This Fruit Salad?
Fruit salads are great because you can customize it however you want with your favorite fruits. This one has:
Now, there are certain guidelines I like to follow when making fruit salads:
- use what’s in season
- use freshly cut fruits, frozen fruits are a no-no!
- choose the right colors to make it pretty! I like to use green, red, blue, and orange.
- avoid fruits with seeds, such as grapes with seeds
- avoid mushy fruits, such as bananas…although you may want to argue with me on this one 😉
- try mixing it up with less common fruits, such as dragon fruit, pomegranate, or papaya
The Orange Poppy Seed Dressing
Only 3 ingredients for the orange poppy seed dressing: freshly squeezed orange juice, honey, and poppy seeds. It’s that simple! All you have to do is whisk whisk whisk until evenly combined.
What to Serve with this Fruit Salad
Honestly, this would pair well with anything, but here are my favorites:
- Hawaiian teriyaki burgers
- grilled vegetable sandwich with goat cheese
- chicken caesar wraps
- slow cooker bbq ribs
- vegan grilled veggie focaccia sheet pan sandwiches by The Baking Fairy
That’s all, my friends. Thank you for reading, and I hope you’re enjoying the weather!
And please don’t forget to pin this recipe. Much appreciated!
Fruit Salad with Orange Poppy Seed Dressing
- 3 ripe kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 cup blueberries
- 3 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 2 to 3 navel oranges, peeled and diced
Orange Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk all the Orange Poppy Seed Dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, and oranges with the prepared Orange Poppy Seed Dressing. Enjoy!