This watermelon feta salad with blueberries is my new favorite summer recipe! Fresh watermelon, crumbled feta, plump blueberries, basil, and mint, tossed with a quick honey lime dressing. It is so good!
July 4th is coming and I am already planning an awesome menu, starting with this refreshing and beautiful watermelon feta salad. To make it extra delicious, I added fresh blueberries, and let me tell you…it is so so so good! Plus, the colors are so patriotic and perfect for the holidays.
Also, I don’t know if I ever told you but watermelon is my favorite fruit on this planet. So when summer time comes, you can be sure to find me at the farmer’s market buying delicious watermelons, ha!
Making this watermelon feta salad with blueberries is ultra easy and quick. I love everything about it, and can’t wait to share all the details with you. So let’s get started!
How to Make this Watermelon Feta Salad
This is probably the easiest salad I have ever made. And one of the most delicious ones too, and that is probably because I love watermelons so much and am totally biased. Plus, it’s tossed with a yummy honey lime vinaigrette that makes this extra good. Here’s how to make it:
- Make the honey lime vinaigrette: in a mason jar, combine fresh lime juice, olive oil, honey, and salt. Shake well to until well-mixed.
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon, blueberries, mint, basil, feta crumbles, and the honey lime vinaigrette.
- Top with more feta and garnish with more mint and basil leaves.
And I know what you might be thinking…olive oil in this watermelon feta salad?! Yup! And I love it. But you can totally leave out the olive oil and just toss with the lime and honey. Up to you 🙂
How to Pick Watermelons
If there’s anyone you should trust to pick watermelons, it’s me! Here are some things to look for when picking watermelons:
- When you pick one up, it should feel heavy for its size. Watermelons are almost 90% water.
- Find that yellow spot. This yellow spot is where the watermelon has been sitting on the ground, ripening until sweet. The rest of the watermelon should look green.
- Tap it a few times. If the watermelon sounds hollow, it is a good indication that it is ripe and juicy.
What to Serve with this Watermelon Feta Salad
This watermelon feta salad screams outdoors grilling! Here are my favorites things to serve with it:
- greek pasta salad
- grilled vegetable sandwich with herbed goat cheese
- steak tacos with corn salsa
- grilled cilantro lime chicken thighs by House of Nash Eats
- the ultimate homemade burger by Joyous Apron
Alrighty, that’s all! Thank you so much for reading. I hope you enjoy it. I’ll be making it for 4th of July for sure!
Happy cooking, y’all!
And please don’t forget to pin this recipe. Much appreciated.
Watermelon Feta Salad with Blueberries
- 8 cups watermelon, cubed to 3/4 inch
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, plus more if desired
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- Mint and basil leaves, julienned or chopped
Honey lime dressing:
- Juice of 1 lime, fresh
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt to taste
- Make the honey lime dressing: combine all honey lime dressing ingredients and mix vigorously until well combined. You can also add the ingredients to a mason jar and shake well to combine.
- In a large serving bowl, combine cubed watermelon, blueberries, mint and basil to taste, and 3/4 cup crumbled feta. Toss with the honey lime dressing.
- Top with the remaining 1/4 cup feta and garnish with more mint and basil leaves. Serve immediately. Enjoy!