These easy Graham Cracker Toffee Bars are the best snack ever! So festive, easy to make, and delicious. They are made with honey graham crackers, homemade caramel, chocolate, and almonds. Perfect for a great holiday treat!
It’s almost the second week of December, and holiday baking is in full swing! During this time, I’m usually looking for easy festive chocolate recipes that I can pack as a gift, and these Graham cracker toffee bars are perfect!
Graham cracker toffee bars are a very a popular holiday treat, so I’m excited to share this recipe with you. Even though it’s a classic recipe, it’s my go-to recipe. I just know I can trust it – it works every single time! Plus, today, I’m sharing tons of tips so your graham cracker toffee turn out perfectly.
Only 6 ingredients needed, and all are very easy to find. It’s simple, quick, and ultra delicious. So let’s get to it!
I’m in Love with These
Seriously…these graham cracker toffee bars are amazing! Here’s why I love them so much:
- The caramel is baked into the graham cracker sheets, so each bite is extra crunchy and sweet.
- The addition of almonds and sea salt is divine!
- Bonus: they taste even better and crunchier if you keep them in the fridge!
I’ve been making these EVERY single December, and that’s definitely never going to change. I mean…these toffee bars give me all the holiday feels!
Graham Cracker Toffee Bars Ingredients
Only 6 ingredients needed! Plus they are very easy to make. You can pretty much find all the ingredients very easily, and you may already have them in your pantry!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Graham cracker sheets: Use the standard honey graham crackers.
- Unsalted butter: You’ll use this for the caramel mixture.
- Light brown sugar: You’ll use this for the caramel mixture.
- A pinch of salt
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips: Use the small chocolate chips so they melt faster.
- Chopped almonds: Or pecans, pistachios, macadamia nuts…anything you’d like!
- Flaky sea salt: for sprinkling.
How to Make Graham Cracker Toffee Bars
This is probably one of the easiest holiday treat recipes ever, and one of the most delicious ones too! You’ll need about 25-30 minutes of active time in the kitchen. The rest is waiting for it to cool down before you can eat it all!
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat mat or parchment paper. Arrange the graham cracker sheets in an even layer.
- Make the caramel: In a medium saucepan, add the brown sugar, butter, and and salt. Melt everything together, stirring frequently.
- Pour and spread the caramel on a single layer over the arranged Graham cracker sheets. Bake for 8-9 minutes to help the sugar mixture and the graham cracker “become one.”
- Spread the chocolate chips: remove from oven and IMMEDIATELY sprinkle the chocolate chips all over. Let them melt for a few minutes and spread the melted chocolate on a single layer.
- Sprinkle the almonds and sea salt, and let it cool completely. You can also let it cool for a bit and stick it in the the fridge for 1-2 hours until completely hardened and crunchy. Break them up into pieces.
And there you have it! Easy and simple graham cracker toffee!
After sprinkling some chopped almonds and flaky sea salt, you get this marvelous sheet of graham cracker toffee bars…doesn’t it look amazing?!
Make sure to let it cool down and then refrigerate it for a few hours until completely hardened. After that, you can break them up into pieces.
You can totally customize this recipe to your liking. Some ideas that I can think of:
- Use dark chocolate instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Use any nuts you want: pecans, almonds, macadamia nuts, pistachios…anything!
- Add candy: M&Ms, sprinkles, crushed peppermint candy…
- Add dried fruits: dried cranberries would be a great option.
The possibilities are endless.
If you haven’t made these, then run to the kitchen and do it ASAP! Because I promise these will become your next holiday treat obsession. They are that good!
Also, since we are talking about holiday treats and snacks…my friend Leanne from Crumb Top Baking recently made these crispy peanut butter snacks that I love!
This year I’m going to make an epic cookie platter, which will include:
- These toffee bars!!
- Pistachio and Almond Chocolate Bark
- Peppermint Mocha Cookies
- Pistachio Shortbread Cookies
- Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Nutella Sandwich Cookies
Oh, and if you haven’t seen it yet, check out this delicious cranberry orange pound cake I made. It’s perfect for entertaining!
Thank you for reading and please pin this recipe for later! Happy holidays!
Tips for Success
- Make sure to line your baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat mat to make it easy to remove. Don’t use aluminum foil.
- Arranging the Graham cracker sheets: Make sure to arrange them in a single flat layer so that the caramel doesn’t pool in the middle.
- Making the caramel: Add the butter and brown sugar, and then melt both TOGETHER. If you melt the butter first and then add the sugar, the butter and the sugar will separate.
- Melting the chocolate: Use small chocolate chips or chocolate cut into small pieces so they melt faster. As soon as the chocolate has melted, spread evenly.
Graham Cracker Toffee Bars
- 15 to 18 honey graham cracker sheets - (2 ½ x 5 inches each)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, roughly cut into cubes
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- A pinch of salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips - (small chips)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling - (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with a Silpat baking mat or with parchment paper. Do not use aluminum foil or the caramel will stick.
- Arrange the graham crackers in a single flat layer over the prepared sheet pan. If they are not on a flat layer, the toffee will pool in the center while baking.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the butter, brown sugar, and a pinch of salt and melt everything TOGETHER (if you melt the butter first and then add the sugar, they will separate). Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly. While still hot, pour mixture all over the graham crackers evenly. Bake for 8-9 minutes until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips. Let them melt for a few minutes, and then spread with a spatula.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds and sea salt. Let cool at room temperature and then place them in the fridge for 1 hour until hardened. After they have set and hardened, break them up into pieces. Enjoy!
- Special equipment: large baking sheet, Silpat mat or parchment paper, spatula.
- Use parchment paper or a Silpat mat: This will make it easy to remove the toffee bars. Don't use aluminum foil or the toffee will stick to it.
- Arranging the graham cracker sheets: Arrange in a single flat layer to prevent the toffee from pooling around the center. If it pools in the center, simply re-spread it with a spatula.
- Making the toffee: Add the butter and brown to a saucepan and melt them TOGETHER. If you melt the butter first and then add the sugar, they will separate.
- Chocolate chips: Buy small chocolate chips so they melt faster.
- Storage: Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.