Some people say that the sides are the best part of a meal, and I totally agree! Try my oven roasted broccoli with grated parmesan cheese and lemon. The bright and deep flavors are to die for.
I love side dishes so much. They make dinner complete. And I am totally in love with this delicious roasted broccoli tossed with shredded parmesan cheese and fresh lemon juice. It’s so good!
The broccoli florets are roasted with minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Really simple. Then they go in the oven at 425 degrees F until slightly tender but still crunchy. And the best part: toss with grated or shredded parmesan cheese and fresh lemon juice.
Okay…just imagine that for a moment. Now, go make it because it’s super easy and so delicious!!
How to Make this Roasted Broccoli
From start to finish, this roasted broccoli side dish takes only about 20-25 minutes. It’s so easy and quick, which is perfect to complement dinner. Here’s how to make it. And as usual, you can find all the ingredient quantities in the recipe card below.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut broccoli into florets, all the same size. On a large rimmed sheet pan, toss broccoli florets with olive oil, salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Arrange on a single layer, otherwise the broccoli will steam and not roast. Tip: make sure the florets are the same size for even cooking.
- Roast in the oven for 12-15 minutes until tender but still a but crunchy.
- Transfer roasted broccoli to a large bowl. Let cool slightly. While still warm, toss the broccoli with shredded or grated parmesan cheese and fresh lemon juice. If needed, season with more salt and pepper. Tip: Add the cheese and lemon while still warm (but not burning hot), as this will help the lemon juice get absorbed better.
And that’s all! Easy, quick, and simple.
Tips for Roasting Broccoli Perfectly
- Cut the broccoli florets the same size for even cooking.
- Always roast at high temperatures. 425 degrees F is perfect for broccoli florets.
- Check it every 5 minutes, and see if you need to flip it halfway through to get that golden brown color throughout.
I hope you like this recipe! The flavors are so bright and deep. I loved every bite!
Thank you for reading, and please don’t forget to pin this recipe:
And if you’re looking for more delicious sides, try these:
- roasted brussels sprouts salad with cranberries
- garlic roasted potato wedges
- easy stovetop mac and cheese
- cast iron skillet corn bread
Roasted Broccoli with Lemon and Parmesan
- 1 large broccoli head, or 2-3 smaller heads
- Olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (or shredded)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the broccoli into florets. On a large sheet pan, toss broccoli with a few generous drizzles of olive oil, minced garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Arrange on a single layer. Make sure the baking sheet is not packed, otherwise it will steam and not roast. Note: If doubling this recipe, be sure to use additional sheet pans to avoid overcrowding.
- Roast for 12-15 minutes, until browned and tender but still a bit crunchy. Check after 10 minutes, then every 2-3 minutes; it will depend on how big the florets are.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and let cool slightly. Toss roasted broccoli with lemon juice and grated parmesan cheese. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper if needed. Serve warm.