I always go crazy about roasted brussels salads! They are one of my favorite things to eat, and I think it is the perfect Thanksgiving side dish or Christmas side dish. This easy roasted brussels sprouts salad is tossed with dried cranberries, fresh grapes, and feta. You’ll love it!
Continuing with #cranberryweek here! It’s almost Thanksgiving and I’m partnering with my blogger friends to bring you amazing cranberry recipes to inspire you to cook this season. And also check out my Thanksgiving Recipes collection on the blog!
Sooo, I made this super delicious and pretty roasted brussels sprouts salad with cranberries, grapes and feta. Yup, all of my favorite ingredients in one bowl. Roasted brussels sprouts are just amazing, full of flavor.
Here I share all you need to know about how to prep brussels sprouts. So let’s begin!
How To Cut Brussels Sprouts
- Wash and dry your brussels sprouts first!
- Trim the end of the stem or the core.
- Remove the yellow or damaged outer leaves
- Cut in half lengthwise, or slice lenghtwise
It’s that easy! Use a sharp knife to make it easier, faster, and safer!
How To Roast Brussels Sprouts
There are two methods I like to use:
Roast Brussels Sprouts on a Sheet Pan
Place prepared brussels sprouts (See “How To Cut Brussels Sprouts” above) on a sheet pan without overcrowding. If too overcrowded, use two sheet pans. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast at 400 to 450 degrees F for 15 to 25 minutes.
Roast Brussels Sprouts on a Skillet and Finish in Oven
I use this method when I really want a very beautiful golden brown color on my brussels sprouts. Preheat oven to 400 to 450 degrees F. Cut the brussels sprouts per the instructions above, and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Oil a large ovenproof skillet or a cast iron skillet. Then, place brussels sprouts flat side down and cook on medium high heat until almost golden brown. Toss with a spatula so they are not flat side down anymore, and finish in the oven until golden brown and tender, about 10-15 minutes.
So now that you know how to prep and roast brussels sprouts, let’s talk about what’s in this delicious and easy brussels sprouts salad!
- roasted brussels sprouts (yum!)
- dried cranberries
- red or green grapes
- crumbled feta
- a lemon maple vinaigrette
Yes, a lemon maple vinaigrette!! This vinaigrette is super delicious and has true depth in flavor. It brings all the ingredients to a balance, and I’m sure you’ll absolutely love it!
Impress your guests during the holidays with delicious festive food! Check out my other top Thanksgiving recipes:
- Stuffed Acorn Squash with Wild Rice and Mushrooms
- Cranberry Orange Glazed Ham
- Easy Stovetop Mac and Cheese
- Kale and Apple Salad with Candied Pecans and Pumpkin Seeds
And don’t forget to pin this recipe! 🙂
- Use a mix of red and green grapes if you prefer.
- Toss or flip the brussels sprouts halfway through for even color on all sides.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad with Cranberries and Feta
- 1.5 lbs brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups red or green seedless grapes, halved
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup feta cheese
Lemon Maple Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place prepared brussels sprouts, flat side down, on a sheet pan and toss with 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste (about 2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper). Roast for about 20 to 25 minutes, flipping with a spatula halfway through. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette: combine all vinaigrette ingredients and shake well.
- In a large bowl, toss brussles sprouts with grapes, cranberries, feta, and the dressing to taste. Serve and enjoy!