These garlic roasted potato wedges are perfectly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. They are roasted until golden brown. It’s the perfect side for lunch or dinner!
Most often, I have an idea of what to make for dinner, but the hardest part is always figuring out what to serve it with. Salad, soup, mashed potatoes, roasted veggies, bread…? There are just so many options and deciding the perfect pairing is challenge. I mean, sometimes sides can truly make the main dish shine!
Sometimes I even think that sides are the best part of a meal.
The other day I served these garlic roasted potato wedges with marinated grilled chicken, and it was absolutely delicious! The potato wedges crisp up and turn golden brown after roasting at 450 degrees F, which is the perfect temperature for roasting in general. These potatoes are so tender on the inside. The garlic, fresh herbs, and spices add depth to the overall flavors. Gosh, it’s just so delicious and addicting! As you can tell, I love potatoes 🙂
What’s in These Garlic Roasted Potato Wedges?
- yukon gold potatoes
- fresh rosemary and thyme
- olive oil
- grated parmesan and parsley
It’s really easy to make. Simply peel and cut your potatoes and toss with minced olive oil, minced garlic, freshly chopped rosemary and/or parsley, spices (garlic powder, onion powder, paprika), salt and pepper. Then, in the oven it goes at 450 degrees F for 35-40 minutes. Turn once halfway through. These gorgeous potatoes will turn golden brown and crispy on the outside. Then toss with some finely chopped parsley and grated parmesan. You’ll seriously love it!
What Can I Serve These With?
I could list a thousand things that would pair well with these garlic roasted potato wedges because they are so versatile and easy to make. Here are my top choices:
- baked garlic parmesan chicken wings
- burger (yummm)
- steak dinner
- grilled or pan-seared chicken
- roasted turkey
- beer-battered fried fish
If you have any other awesome ideas, comment below! I’d love to hear from you 🙂
Thank you for reading, and please don’t forget to pin this recipe 🙂
- Cut your potatoes right before roasting. Don’t let peeled potatoes sit for too long or they will turn brown.
- If you don’t have fresh herbs, you can use dried ones. Adjust quantities – you’ll need less dried herbs.
- Customize your spice blend if you’d like! Some ideas: chili powder, red pepper flakes, oregano.
Roasted Garlic Potato Wedges
- 6 to 7 medium Yukon gold potatoes
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped rosemary and/or thyme
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and scrub potatoes until clean. Cut each potato into 6 to 8 wedges, depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl. Add garlic, rosemary/thyme, salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and olive oil. Toss until evenly combined.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large sheet pan and lay every edge flat. Don’t overcrowd. Use two sheet pans if needed. Overcrowding the pan will cause the potatoes to steam rather than roast.
- Roast for about 35-40 minutes, flipping once midway through, until cooked through and golden brown. Remove from oven and toss with grated parmesan and chopped parsley. Enjoy!