These baked garlic parmesan chicken wings are the perfect appetizer to share! Serve it with baby carrots and ranch.
The other day I was at Buffalo Wild Wings with my husband and had these amazing garlic parmesan wings. I just love chicken wings and anything with parmesan cheese, so obviously I had to make my own garlic parmesan chicken wings at home.
The Buffalo Wild Wings version is saucy and rich, whereas my version calls for baking the chicken with the a delicious butter garlic parmesan sauce, resulting in crispy golden brown wings. And you know what that means?! All the delicious sauce is soaked and baked into the chicken.
How to Make Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
This is a very simple recipe. Start off with chicken wings and drumettes, and season generously with a blend of salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and olive oil. Then, they go in to the oven. While baking, make the yummy garlic parmesan sauce: butter, minced garlic, parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. The baked chicken is coated with the sauce, and returned to the oven to bake for a few more minutes. This last step results in a golden and crispy finish.
Serve it with some baby carrots and ranch. You can also try celery and blue cheese dressing. You choose!
And don’t forget to pin this recipe! 🙂
- For extra flavorful wings, let the seasoned chicken wings marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator or overnight.
- I’d recommend using curly parsley instead of Italian parsley. It holds its shape better and does not overpower the sauce.
Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs chicken wings or drumettes, or both
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Garlic Parm Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped curly parsley, plus more for garnish
- 3/4 cups finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season chicken wings and drumettes with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and olive oil.
- Place chicken pieces on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 375 degrees F, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Move tray to the top rack and broil until brown and crispy, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and garlic on medium heat. Stir until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add all the other sauce ingredients and stir to combine.
- Toss chicken with sauce. Place the chicken pieces back to the baking sheet and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- To garnish, top with more parmesan cheese and finely chopped parsley.
Hi will this sauce last in the fridge?
Hi Sadie – I’d say a 1-2 days, and it will need to be reheated when you’re ready to use it.
When putting the wings back in the oven— is it still under broil or back down to middle rack no broil?!?
Hi Josh! Back down to middle rack no broil! 🙂
Anna Zook says
Can i make these in a crockpot??
Hi Anna! I haven’t tested this recipe in a crockpot, so I am not 100% sure. I would imagine that they may not turn out crispy if cooked in a crockpot. I hope you give this recipe a try! 🙂
Ooh that sauce sounds amazing! Can’t wait to try it!
Thank you! Let me know how it turns out 🙂