You need these fun and easy homemade Pepperoni Pizza Rolls on your game day menu! It takes only 20 minutes to make, and will make your kitchen smell so good!
If you think pizza is overrated for game day, then we’re on the same page. Wait, don’t get me wrong, pizza is one of the best things ever invented, but pizza rolls are way better and more fun for a party! Every time I host a party or gathering at my house, I make a batch of these homemade pepperoni pizza rolls, and it’s always a hit!
They are very easy to make and it takes only 20 minutes or so. To make it extra good, I add ham and freshly shredded mozzarella. It turns out amazing every single time! I serve these pepperoni pizza rolls with marinara sauce.
Anyways, back to these easy and quick pepperoni rolls. Let me show you how to make them!
Why I Love These Easy Pepperoni Rolls!
These homemade pepperoni pizza rolls are:
- Super easy: Most ingredients you need are already prepared. All you need to do is assemble the pizza rolls and bake. It’s so easy!
- Quick: From start to finish, it takes only about 20 minutes.
- Ultra delicious: To make it extra good, I added ham and brushed the edges with a homemade garlic butter. Yum!
Check, check, and check! That’s why I love these so much! Whenever I am making multiple appetizers for a large crowd, I lean towards quick and easy food, and these pepperoni pizza rolls are exactly that.
The ingredients for these pizza rolls are pretty simple. Chances are you already have most of these items in your pantry and fridge.
You’ll need the following:
- Refrigerated pizza dough: I use store-bought pizza dough, but if you have a favorite homemade dough recipe, feel free to use that.
- Pepperoni slices: Yum!
- Ham: Ham and pepperoni are a match made in heaven.
- Pizza sauce or marinara sauce: I use my favorite store-bought pizza sauce to keep it simple.
- Mozzarella cheese: Both freshly shredded (using your box grater) or pre-shredded (bagged) are fine.
- For the garlic butter: melted butter, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Simple and accessible ingredients!
How to Make these Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
This is a pretty straightforward recipe, so really easy and quick. Per usual, you can find the ingredients and detailed steps in the recipe card below, but to give you an idea from a top-level view:
- Roll out the dough: Roll out your 14 oz pizza dough to about 1/4 inch thick rectangle, 14 by 10 inches approximately.
- Add the pizza or marinara sauce and the toppings: Marinara or pizza sauce, pepperoni, ham, and cheese.
- Roll and pinch to seal: Start from the long end, and roll tightly. Seal the end by pinching the dough together.
- Cut into 12 equal pieces, and brush with garlic butter.
- Bake! 425 degrees for 13-15 minutes.
Oh and also, it’s a great appetizer to make with kids! You can get the little ones to help in the kitchen with this fun and easy recipe.
That’s it! So easy, quick, and convenient.
I am sure everyone will love these delicious pepperoni pizza rolls. They are so easy to make and extra fun to eat.
I like to serve with marinara dipping sauce. Other dipping sauces that go with these are Ranch or garlic dipping sauce. Just grab your favorite ones at the grocery store to keep it simple!
I have lots of epic appetizer and game day recipes, but in case you’re wondering what’s on my Super Bowl party menu, I’ll be making my favorite beef and beer chili, cast iron skillet cornbread, baked popcorn chicken bites, and…of course, these easy pepperoni rolls!
Thank you for stopping by, and happy cooking!
Tips for Success
- Don’t overstuff it. You’ll have to roll these up pretty tightly, so overstuffing will make it harder to roll.
- Make sure the dough is rolled out to about 1/4 inch thick. It may seem too thin when you cut it up, but remember that the dough will expand while it bakes in the oven.
Homemade Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
Try these easy and quick homemade pepperoni pizza rolls are perfect to serve as appetizers. It is also something kids will love!
- 14 oz refrigerated pizza dough
- 8 to 10 slices pepperoni, plus more if desired
- 5 slices deli ham (roughly cut into squares)
- 1/3 cup cup pizza sauce or marinara sauce, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, plus more if desired
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Serving and garnish:
- Dipping sauce of your choice (marinara, ranch, garlic butter, etc)
- Chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
Roll out dough into a rectangle approximately 14 by 10 inches, about 1/4 inch thick.
Spoon the pizza or marinara sauce over the dough, leaving about 1/2 inch of the edges intact. Top with pepperoni slices, ham slices, and mozzarella to form a uniform and thin layer. Don't overstuff it or else it will be hard to roll.
Roll it up tightly starting from the longest side. Pinch the dough to seal the long ends. Cut into 12 pieces. Arrange on the prepared sheet pans, about 3-4 inches apart (the pizza rolls will expand in the oven).
Combine all the Garlic Butter ingredients in a bowl. Brush the tops and edges of the pepperoni rolls with the garlic butter.
Bake for about 13-15 minutes in the middle rack of the oven until golden brown. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Special equipment: rolling pin, sheet pans, parchment paper, pastry brush.
- When adding the toppings, don't overdo it. It will make it easier to roll.
- Storing: store any leftovers in airtight containers in the refrigerator.