Packed with healthy berries and bananas, this Mixed Berry Yogurt Smoothie is the perfect way to start your morning or to enjoy during a nice afternoon.
I am usually very picky about smoothies. I prefer fruit-based smoothies over those made with kale or spinach types.
To me, a good fruit smoothie should be:
- easy to sip: I hate thick smoothies that you need to try really really hard to sip
- well-balanced: a good ratio between fruit and liquid
- smooth: Greek yogurt usually gives smoothies good consistency
I love smoothies because you can have literally thousands of flavor combinations with so many fruits, greens, protein seeds, milks…They are also (usually) healthy and a great way to start your morning routine. I think smoothies would also be a great for an afternoon “snack” to recharge as well! What’s your favorite smoothie?
- Add liquid little by little until desired consistency as you blend. Smoothies are definitely all about eye-balling it – sometimes you just have to “feel” it when adding the liquid component.
- Smoothies are highly customizable. Experiment by adding flavored yogurt, different types of milk, fruits…anything you’d like!
- Peel and roughly cut bananas into chunks before freezing. It will make it easier to blend.
Mixed Berry Yogurt Smoothie
Packed with healthy fruits, this mixed berry smoothie is the best way to start your morning to recharge in the afternoon.
- 2 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 2 frozen peeled bananas (cut into chunks)
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups milk, plus more as needed (use your favorite milk)
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup cold water
Blend all ingredients until smooth or until desired consistency. If too thick, add more milk and/or water.
Serve immediately. Garnish with strawberry slices or blueberries if you want. Enjoy!
- Peel the bananas before freezing them. Trust me, peeling frozen bananas is a nightmare.