Packed with healthy berries and bananas, this Mixed Berry Yogurt Smoothie is the perfect way to start your morning or to enjoy during a nice afternoon.
I am usually very picky about smoothies. I prefer fruit-based smoothies over those made with kale or spinach types.
To me, a good fruit smoothie should be:
- easy to sip: I hate thick smoothies that you need to try really really hard to sip
- well-balanced: a good ratio between fruit and liquid
- smooth: Greek yogurt usually gives smoothies good consistency
I love smoothies because you can have literally thousands of flavor combinations with so many fruits, greens, protein seeds, milks…They are also (usually) healthy and a great way to start your morning routine. I think smoothies would also be a great for an afternoon “snack” to recharge as well! What’s your favorite smoothie?
- Add liquid little by little until desired consistency as you blend. Smoothies are definitely all about eye-balling it – sometimes you just have to “feel” it when adding the liquid component.
- Smoothies are highly customizable. Experiment by adding flavored yogurt, different types of milk, fruits…anything you’d like!
- Peel and roughly cut bananas into chunks before freezing. It will make it easier to blend.
Mixed Berry Yogurt Smoothie
- 2 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 2 frozen peeled bananas (cut into chunks)
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups milk, plus more as needed (use your favorite milk)
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Blend all ingredients until smooth or until desired consistency. If too thick, add more milk and/or water.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with strawberry slices or blueberries if you want. Enjoy!
- Peel the bananas before freezing them. Trust me, peeling frozen bananas is a nightmare.