Try this Roasted Asparagus and Sweet Potato Salad! Full of healthy veggies and a delicious sweet garlic vinaigrette. Make this healthy salad for dinner tonight!
Guys, this salad is one of the best things I’ve ever eaten. Like, seriously. It’s so fresh and cozy at the same time. You’ve got the freshness of the arugula and the feta cheese, plus comforting bites of perfectly roasted asparagus and sweet potato.
Now, I don’t know if this salad qualifies as a fall salad just because asparagus tends to be a spring vegetable. But, you know what? Asparagus tastes great year-round, and these beautiful roasted sweet potatoes make this salad feel and taste like a fall salad. Life is good.
This Roasted Asparagus and Sweet Potato Salad
Let’s talk about what’s in it! It’s so easy and requires only a few ingredients
- roasted asparagus
- roasted sweet potatoes
- feta cheese
- a sweet garlic vinaigrette (olive oil, vinegar, honey, garlic)
Doesn’t that sound heavenly? Beautiful and healthy ingredients in a delicious dish. I am so thankful.
How to Roast Vegetables
Here I share a few general guidelines to roast vegetables perfectly:
- Cook time will depend on each vegetable
- Roasting always requires high oven temperature. I always go for 400-450 degrees F.
- Tossing with olive oil is the key here for browning and to protect the veggies
- Seasoning is ULTRA important. Be generous with your seasonings.
- Flipping the veggies or shaking the tray halfway through cooking provides even cook and caramelization
Just remember to keep an eye on it due to the high oven temperature. I like to taste for doneness about 5 minutes before they are supposed to be ready.
Oh and here’s an idea if you want to make it a meal! Add grilled or pan-seared salmon 🙂
Pin this recipe for later 😉
Happy cooking, y’all! 🙂
- Use a spatula to flip the sweet potatoes halfway through cooking so they brown evenly on all sides.
- Asparagus cooks really quick. If you want a crunch to each bite, slightly undercook them. Taste them about 5 minutes before they are supposed to be ready.
Roasted Asparagus and Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 to 4 cups arugula
Sweet Garlic Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Make the vinaigrette: Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a mason jar. Shake well. Set aside.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl, and add 1/4 cup olive oil, minced garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Toss to combine. Pour onto a baking tray and roast for about 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in another baking tray, toss the asparagus with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Place asparagus on a baking tray, and roast for 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a plate and carefully cut into 2-inch pieces.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the arugula with some of the vinaigrette. Then add the roasted sweet potatoes, roasted asparagus, and feta. Toss again to combine and drizzle with more vinaigrette. Enjoy!