This Roasted Cauliflower and Kale Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing is the perfect salad for a healthy meal. The tangy lemon tahini dressing makes every bite so good!
I’m always picky about light salads for a meal. They have to have texture, full flavors, a good dressing, and preferably nuts. This roasted cauliflower and kale salad is packed with flavor. Every bite is so good you’ll want more and more and more!
Alright! So let’s talk about what’s in this salad:
- roasted cauliflower, seasoned with cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- thinly sliced red onions
- toasted pine nuts (oh yeah!)
- lemon tahini dressing (recipe below!)
Pretty simple and so addicting!
First things first, the star of the dish: roasted cauliflower. Roasting cauliflower brings out the true flavors of cauliflower. Roast with some olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder for about 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees F until caramelized and golden brown.
Make sure you don’t overcrowd the pan. Also, turn one midway through the cooking process.
Lemon Tahini Dressing
Ohhhh I love anything with tahini, and this lemon tahini dressing is seriously so perfect!
Tahini is pretty much a paste made of hulled sesame seeds and is used mainly in Middle Eastern dishes, sweet and savory, and even drinks! It has a deep nutty flavor, and its creamy texture is optimal for dressings.
To make this lemon tahini dressing, you only need tahini, fresh lemon juice, honey, water, salt and pepper.
If you’re super hungry, I suggest that you serve this as a side salad. This would be perfect as a side with roasted turkey, grilled chicken breast, or pan-seared tofu.
- For easy clean-up, line your sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Raw kale is has a tough texture. To soften it, place chopped kale in a large bowl, add a generous drizzle of olive oil, a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, and a pinch of salt. Then massage it using your hands until desired texture. You’ll notice that the kale will begin to soften and reduce.
- Toast pine nuts in a small skillet at medium high heat.
Roasted Cauliflower and Kale Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bunch kale (~6-7 cups), stemmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- A drizzle of olive oil for kale
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1/2 cup tahini paste
- 1/4 cup water to thin the dressing, plus more as needed
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large sheet pan, toss cauliflower florets with 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder until combined. Arrange everything in a single layer. If pan is too crowded, use 2 sheet pans. Roast in oven for 25-30 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and fragrant.
- Make the Lemon Tahini Dressing: combine all lemon tahini dressing ingredients in a mason jar. Shake well until well-combined. If too thick, add more water until desired consistency.
- Heat a small skillet to medium high heat. Toast the pine nuts until golden brown, tossing occasionally so they don't get burnt.
- In a large bowl, toss chopped kale, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, a generous drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch fo salt. Using your hands, massage the kale for 1 minute, or until desired texture. It will start to soften and reduce.
- In a large serving bowl, toss prepared kale, roasted cauliflower, toasted pine nuts, and sliced onions. Serve with some lemon tahini dressing to taste. Enjoy!