A classic! This easy chicken salad with grapes is creamy, crunchy, and delicious. It’s a comforting chicken salad that everyone will love!
I love chicken salads, especially those with crunchy and fresh ingredients. This recipe for chicken salad with grapes is so easy to make and comes out creamy and delicious! My favorite part about it is the addition of fresh grapes, which give it a nice touch of sweetness and freshness.
I use rotisserie chicken for convenience. For freshness and sweetness, I use seedless red grapes. For crunchiness, I add celery and chopped pecans. And for extra flavor, I add dill and parsley. So so so good!
This chicken salad with grapes can be prepared ahead and stored in the fridge for about 3 days.
What You’ll Need
Lots of fresh and crunchy ingredients in this salad!
To give you an idea of the ingredients in this chicken salad with grapes:
- Cooked chicken breast: I use store-bought rotisserie chicken to make it easy and quick. Try to get a big chicken because you’ll need 4 to 5 cups of cubed chicken.
- Grapes: I like to use seedless red grapes. Make sure they are sweet and crunchy.
- Celery: Adds so much crunchiness! I love it.
- Pecans: You can also use walnuts, almonds, or cashews.
- Mayonnaise: Mayo works great for creaminess, but feel free to use plain Greek yogurt or sour cream instead. They taste different, so adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Fresh Italian parsley and dill: Fresh herbs add another layer of freshness and flavor.
- Salt and pepper
My favorite ingredient here: red grapes! They add sweetness, freshness, and balance to this chicken salad. I love using crunchy, seedless red grapes, but feel free to use your favorite type of grapes as long they are not mushy or sour.
As you can see, lots of texture and flavor in this chicken salad. So good!
Easy to Make
To make it, all you have to do is dice or chop all the ingredients and combine evenly in a bowl. It’s that easy and simple!
The great thing about this chicken salad with grapes is that it can be prepped ahead. I always make enough for 2-3 days and serve it for lunch, so it’s really easy and convenient during busy weekdays.
This is the type of salad that, the longer it sits in the fridge, the better it gets. So, I’d definitely recommend making it ahead if you can.
Add-ins and Substitutions
There are 3 key things that make this chicken salad really good: crunchiness, freshness, and creaminess.
You can substitute ingredients or add extra ones that maintain each of those characteristics. Here are some ideas:
- For crunchiness: Walnuts, almonds, cashews.
- For freshness: Diced apples, chives.
- For creaminess: Instead of mayonnaise, use Greek yogurt or sour cream…or a combination. They don’t taste the same, so adjust the seasoning to taste.
As for the chicken, I use rotisserie chicken for ease and convenience. You can also use leftover baked chicken breasts.
Ideas for Serving Chicken Salad
This chicken salad with grapes is so versatile! It never gets boring.
Here are my favorite ways to serve it:
- On croissants
- On lettuce “cups”
- On flour tortillas…chicken salad wraps, anyone?
- On your favorite sandwich bread
- On a bed of chopped lettuce or spinach
- With avocado…as in chicken salad stuffed avocados! So fun!
I’m seriously in love with this chicken salad! I love the ease and convenience of using rotisserie chicken, and the fact that it can be prepped ahead.
Plus, it’s a filling salad that’s got freshness, crunchiness, and creaminess. So well-balanced and versatile too! The addition of fresh grapes really makes it extra delicious. I love it.
Thank you for reading. I hope you like this recipe as much as I do!
More make-ahead friendly salads:
- Egg Salad with Spinach
- Moroccan Couscous Salad
- Pesto Potato Salad
- Potato Dill Salad
- Asian Chicken Slaw Salad
Tips for Success
- If you have leftover cooked chicken breasts, feel free to use that.
- If using sour cream or Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise, be sure to add extra seasoning to taste (salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc).
- Use fresh parsley and dill for best results.
Chicken Salad with Grapes
- 4 to 5 cups cooked chicken breasts (I use rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the cooked chicken into cubes (discard the skin).
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken with the rest of the ingredients. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve on croissants, sandwiches, lettuce "cups," or as is. Enjoy!
- Storing: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Mayonnaise substitutes: Use Greek yogurt, sour cream, or both. You may need to add extra seasoning if not using mayo.
- Which types of grapes to use? I’d recommend red, seedless grapes. Avoid grapes that are too soft or sour.
- Instead of pecans, try walnuts, almonds, or cashews.
- Other add-ins: diced apples, raisins, chives.