This Asian Chicken Slaw Salad is seriously to die for. It’s made of crunchy veggies, chicken, and a delicious peanut butter dressing. Salad for dinner is always the best, especially with this Asian chicken slaw salad. Make it tonight!
This Asian Chicken Slaw Salad is full of freshly cut crunch veggies, chicken, peanuts, and a yummy peanut butter dressing that makes it heavenly. The best part? You can use rotisserie chicken for this Asian slaw salad, so you don’t even have to turn on the stove! An easy and quick meal.
If you know me well, you’ll know that I love all sorts of chicken salads. Check out my Chicken Salad with Grapes, Easy Curried Chicken Salad. If you’re looking for full dinner-style chicken salads, try my BBQ Chicken Salad or Thai Chicken Salad!
I especially love dinner salads, which are pretty much tons of veggies with some type of protein that fills me up so I don’t have to find food in the fridge at 12AM with a growling stomach. So this Asian Chicken Slaw Salad is right up my alley!
Easy + quick + no-cook = more time for myself, aka more time to catch up on my favorite TV shows. I’ll take it!
What’s in this Asian Chicken Slaw Salad?
I like to run through the ingredients of this Asian slaw salad recipe just to give you an idea of how delicious and crunchy it is:
- shredded rotisserie chicken
- red and yellow bell peppers
- green onions
- …and a marvelous peanut butter dressing!
And now about that peanut butter dressing…it’s made of peanut butter, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, and crushed peanuts for an extra layer of crunchiness! It’s the perfect dressing for this Asian chicken salad.
How to Make This Asian Chicken Salad
Like I said, it’s really simple, quick, and easy!
- Use a sharp knife or a food processor to thinly slice the cabbage and carrots.
- Cut the bell peppers, slice the onions, and roughly chop the cilantro.
- Shred the chicken.
- Make the dressing: combine garlic, sesame oil, ginger, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, peanut butter, and crushed peanuts.
- Toss all salad ingredients with the dressing. Top with crushed peanuts for extra crunchiness.
How To Serve This Asian Chicken Salad
This salad is really easy to adjust to serve a crowd. You just pretty much buy more chicken, cut up more veggies, and double or triple the peanut butter dressing ingredient quantities. Here are some ideas to serve this salad:
- large parties
- family style dinner
- sandwich wraps
I love how every bite of this salad is so crunchy and fresh. Talking about fresh…I’d highly recommend buying fresh vegetables and cutting them up yourself, instead of buying pre-shredded or pre-bagged stuff. Trust me on this! If you don’t have time to slice veggies that day, you can always prep everything the night before and store in Ziplock bag or something. As an alternative, you can also use the food processor to shred the cabbage and carrots in a matter of seconds.
For more delicious salad for dinner recipes, be sure to check these out:
- Strawberry and Spinach Salad with Herbed Chicken
- Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Salad
- Roasted Asparagus and Sweet Potato Salad
I hope you like this Asian Chicken Slaw Salad! It’s one of my favorite Asian chicken salad recipes.
- Cut up your own veggies for maximum crunchiness and freshness. Try not to get the pre-bagged stuff unless you absolutely need to.
- Use a food processor to shred cabbage and carrots in just seconds! Attach the shredding disc to the food processor, and place chunks of cabbage and/or carrots through the feed tube. It’s a quick and efficient way to shred cabbage and carrots.
- For a fun twist, serve on flour tortillas, pita bread, or Naan.
Asian Chicken Slaw Salad
- Sharp knives
- Large mixing bowl
- Mason jar to shake the dressing
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 3 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots sliced into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sliced green onions (sliced diagonally)
- ⅔ cup roughly chopped cilantro plus more for garnish
- Crushed peanuts for garnish
Peanut butter dressing
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- ½ cup light soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup crushed peanuts
- Make the peanut butter dressing: whisk together all the dressing ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the green cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, red bell peppers, and yellow bell peppers. Then add the green onions, cilantro, and shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Pour some dressing (to taste) over the salad and toss to combine. Garnish with cilantro and crushed peanuts.
- I’d recommend slicing your own veggies fresh, rather than buying the pre-bagged version. This will ensure the salad is perfectly crunchy.
- To expedite things, use your food processor (with the slicing blade attachment) to shred the cabbage.
- Prep ahead: All ingredients, except for the dressing, can be combined and refrigerated overnight. The dressing can be made up to 3 days in advance, but drizzle over the salad right before serving to prevent sogginess.
- Storing: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.