I’ve made this Chicken Caesar Wrap recipe several times and it never disappoints. Grilled marinated chicken, crunchy romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, croutons, parmesan cheese, and your favorite Caesar salad dressing. It’s perfect for lunch or dinner!
This Chicken Caesar Wrap is one of my husband’s favorite things to eat. Every time I make it, he stands by the kitchen, anxiously waiting to finally to able to devour it. That’s when you know it’s truly good!
I make this chicken Caesar wrap with grilled marinated chicken, fresh romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, garlic croutons, shredded parmesan, and my favorite Caesar salad dressing…all wrapped in a large flour tortilla. And you know, what makes this chicken Caesar wrap recipe so good is the quick 15 minute marinated chicken. It’s marinated with freshly squeezed lemon juice, oregano, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
So let’s talk about how to make this easy and delicious chicken Caesar wrap!
How to Make Chicken Caesar Wraps
As usual, please refer to the recipe card for specific ingredient quantities.
- Marinate the chicken: in a large Ziploc bag, add lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Then add the chicken breasts (pounded to 1/2 inch thick evenly). Seal bag and shake to coat the chicken. Let sit for 15 minutes while you prep the rest of the ingredients. Why? Nobody wants bland chicken in their salad wrap! 🙂
- Heat some olive oil on skillet or grill pan to medium heat. Cook the chicken about 6-8 minutes per side, until cooked through or until internal temperature reached 165 degrees F. Transfer to a plate and let rest for 10 minutes. This helps to redistribute the juices for a tender chicken breast.
- Cut the chicken into small cubes, about 1/2 inch.
- In a large bowl, toss chopped romaine lettuce, halved cherry tomatoes, shredded parmesan cheese, croutons, and your favorite Caesar salad dressing.
- Assemble the wraps.
And that’s how you make this delicious chicken Caesar wrap! It’s super delicious and perfect for any meal.
Make Ahead Tips
- Cook chicken ahead of time, up to 1 day in advance, and refrigerate
- Prep all the remaining ingredients
- When ready to eat, toss ingredients with Cesar dressing and wrap each tortilla
The key here is to add the dressing and wrap the tortillas right before eating. Otherwise, it will get soggy.
How to Fold the Tortilla
- Add some of the Caesar salad on the top half of an extra large flour tortilla, leaving a few inches free on the left and right sides.
- Fold in the sides
- Holding the sides with four fingers, fold the bottom side up with your thumbs.
- Roll to seal
I’d recommend using an extra large flour tortilla to make it easier to wrap…and for more filling!
Chicken Caesar Wrap Pairing Ideas
We always eat our chicken Caesar wraps without any sides, but here are some ideas:
- roasted tomato soup with basil
- french fries or chips
- fresh fruit
That’s it! I hope you like this recipe, and don’t forget to pin it!
And if you’re looking for more sandwich ideas, check out these recipes:
- For each wrap, balance out the quantity of each component.
- For tips on how to fold the tortilla, see section above.
- Makes sure the lettuce is super fresh so it’s crunchy and delicious!
Chicken Caesar Wrap
- 2 large chicken breasts
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup store-bought caesar dressing - (or more to taste)
- 6 large flour tortillas
- Pound chicken breasts to ½ inch thick. Place chicken in a Ziploc bag with lemon juice, oregano, minced garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Let sit for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Heat some olive oil on a skillet or grill pan on medium heat. Cook chicken, 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked through or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from pan and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken cubes, romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cheese, croutons, and Caesar dressing. Mix. You can adjust the amount of dressing to your liking.
- Place about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of the salad on each flour tortilla, and wrap. To wrap each tortilla: place filling on the top half of the tortilla, then fold in the left and right sides and hold with four fingers. Using your thumbs, fold in the bottom side up, and roll to seal.
- Serve immediately.